What is Thai Combination Massage?
Thai combination massage is a technique integrating more than one style or massage modality. It can combine techniques from Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, reflexology, and trigger point therapy. These combinations are used to tailor the massage towards your personal preferences and specific needs.
How does it work?
Thai Combination massage is performed on a massage table. Massage lotion/oil is applied. Great for those unable to access floor-level (mobility impaired) but seek the benefits of the Traditional Thai massage. The level of discomfort/pain is less severe than a full Traditional Thai massage.
What are the benefits?
- Lowers Stress
- Stress is not necessarily bad. Often, stress can act as a positive motivator that might help push people to perform better and accomplish more in their personal and professional lives. However, too much stress can negatively affect mental and physical health. Chronic, or long-lasting, stress can lead to serious illnesses, including depression and cardiovascular disease. Thai massage uses gentle pressure and stretching techniques to relax the body.
- Boosts Energy
- Research has shown that Thai massage can increase people’s physical energy levels. One randomized trial examined the effects of Thai and Swedish massages in people who were experiencing fatigue. The results revealed that Thai massage increased energy and mental stimulation, while Swedish massage was more likely to improve relaxation and sleep.
- Relieves Headaches
- Court-type is a specific form of Thai massage that involves applying pressure to specific energy channels.
- Stimulates Circulation
- Thai massage can promote the circulation of both blood and lymph through the use of gentle stretches. These yoga-like stretches increase blood circulation, which fills the body’s tissues with oxygen. This helps promote cell growth and heart health.
- Improves Range of Motion
- Thai massage incorporates yoga-like stretches to reduce stress and improve circulation. The gradual, gentle stretching will enhance the person’s flexibility over time, allowing a greater range of motion. Thai massage may also improve the circulation of the fluid in the joints, or synovial fluid, which reduces friction between the joints. This can improve joint mobility and range of motion.